Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
About the role
Lenus Health is an innovative digital health business that is transforming healthcare.
We co-design digital health services with patients and clinicians. These services make use of patient-reported information, combined with data from patients’ electronic health records, to generate new insights that can improve patient wellbeing and outcomes.
These services are helping shift the burden of care from hospital to home, and they are primarily focused on supporting clinicians and patients manage long-term conditions remotely. They are in use in the NHS and we have ambitious plans to expand internationally.
All of our digital health services are underpinned by the Lenus Platform; a set of interlinked services that centrally manage secure data transfer, authentication and consent.
As a Senior Azure cloud infrastructure engineer within the Lenus Health engineering group you will be expected to take on the responsibility for the ongoing management of the infrastructure services that power the Lenus Health platform and you will play a key part in the design and implementation of new infrastructure to support our ever evolving product and technology stack.
Within this role you will be expected to provide infrastructure support to our operations team as well as work within our delivery teams to architect, design and implement Azure based infrastructure using “infrastructure as code” and automation via scripted processes. You will work directly with our product and technical teams and will champion the use of Azure based technology and services, using best practices methods to delivery secure, reliable and maintainable infrastructure environments.
We are seeking someone with a passion for the work they do, someone who always strives to overcome mediocre and deliver the best solution possible. You will have a proven track record as a Cloud infrastructure engineer or Architect working daily to provision and manage Azure cloud services in a senior or lead role.
You will be comfortable dealing within highly secure, complex infrastructure and be able to articulate complex infrastructure services and deployment techniques to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
You will share our opinion that provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure is an engineering discipline, where best practices, automated and repeatable processes are key to success.
You will strive to achieve consistently high quality solutions with a “secure by default” mindset. We are looking for individuals who are:
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with a desire for constant learning
- A great communicator and natural collaborator and problem solver
- Intrigued by the potential of digital health solutions
- Willing to offer an opinion or critique in a constructive manner
What you'll do
As a growing start-up your responsibilities will be wide-ranging, challenging but ultimately very rewarding. You will initially work closely with our CTO with responsibilities related to cloud infrastructure transitioning to you over time.
You will have the opportunity to champion the use of Azure cloud services, especially PaaS (platform as a service) technology, providing digital healthcare solutions to clinicians and patients.
To this end we are seeking someone who:
- Is able to oversee infrastructure activities for our platform and products
- Has demonstratable, hands-on experience designing and provisioning infrastructure on the Azure cloud platform for highly sensitive and secured workloads, including but not limited to:
- Azure Active Directory
- App Service Environment (v2+)
- App Service
- Azure SQL Database / Azure Storage / Cosmos DB
- Virtual Networking and designing secure network topologies
- Application Gateway and Web Application Firewall
- Azure API Management
- Has experience designing fault tolerant and redundant infrastructure solutions in support of business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Understands information security, and can design solutions and services with security controls embedded, specifically engineered as mitigation against security threats.
- Is able to deploy Azure services using infrastructure as code techniques:
- PowerShell (or similar) scripting
- Templated solution deployment, we use Bicep and ARM but are familiar with other approaches (Terraform or Pulumi for example)
- Is comfortable with Azure DevOps and is able to source control their work and implement pipelines to manage build and release processes for their implementation
- Can communicate and document their work for senior stakeholders and knowledge transfer to other team members
- Is able to ensure infrastructure is cost optimised for the expected workload through communication with our engineering and product teams
- Identify opportunities for infrastructure and process improvements across our platform and product stack
Experience with the following would be a bonus:
- Experience developing business continuity and disaster recovery plans and ensuring the reliability and robustness of our platform and products
- Worked for companies or clients in regulated industries such as healthcare within the UK or Europe
- Knowledge of network topologies suitable and common within complex infrastructure solutions
- Experienced in configuration of monitoring and telemetry collection and alerting for Azure infrastructure
- Azure cloud data and machine learning services such as:
- Azure Synapse/Data Factory
- Azure Machine Learning Workspaces
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Lenus Health, we’re all about creating a friendly and supportive workplace. We want to ensure everyone feels welcome and included, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for roles in our team. We believe in equal opportunities for all, from recruitment through to your career growth and beyond. We aim to nurture an environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is empowered to flourish and do their very best work.
Lenus Health is pleased to be an accredited Living Wage Employer.