Senior Software Engineer
About the role
Lenus Health is an innovative digital health business that is transforming healthcare. We co-design digital health services with patients and clinicians. These services make use of patient-reported information, combined with data from patients’ electronic health records, to generate new insights that can improve patient wellbeing and outcomes.
These services are helping shift the burden of care from hospital to home, and they are primarily focused on supporting clinicians and patients manage long-term conditions remotely. They are in use in the NHS and we have ambitious plans to expand internationally.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Lenus Health, you'll be getting involved in a variety of projects and working collaboratively within our diverse project teams to enable the development of our services across the NHS which benefit the health industry and patients alike.
You could be an established .NET developer experienced in web development. You are looking to continue to be challenged with collaborative work that makes a real difference. You'll have deep and varied knowledge of the architecture and development of applications built using Microsoft Azure and .NET Core.
You'll also need to be:
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning
- A great communicator and natural collaborator
- Unafraid to ask questions
- Adept at solving conceptual problems
- Organised and good at prioritising work
- Focused, with sharp attention to detail
- Passionate about improving outcomes for patients and the NHS
What you'll do
You'll have a wide range of responsibilities. The projects you'll be involved in will require you to apply your expertise in many different ways.
Here are some examples to give you an idea of what you'll do:
- Work with the other members of a project team to define the scope of a project with a consistent and reflective approach to estimation
- Deliver maintainable applications with a mature approach to the intent and structure of the code, taking into account a range of potential design patterns
- Build a range of integrations with other systems to serve a variety of project needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce. including:
- Code to provide and consume RESTful APIs
- Queuing, pub/sub, and other event-driven architectural components
- Implement reusable components and APIs for purposes of integration, performance optimisation, security, and scalability
- Debug and diagnose complex issues with production applications
- Research and share knowledge of tools, processes, and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Use our continuous build and deployment pipeline to rapidly deliver code during project development and when participating in support
- Write automated tests to be executed within our continuous build and deployment pipeline
- Appraise new technologies and techniques and share findings with the rest of the technical team and the wider company
To apply for the Senior Software Engineer role please use the job posting linked here or contact email@example.com
Lenus Health is pleased to be an accredited Living Wage Employer.