Non-Executive Chair of the Board
About the role
Lenus Health is tackling the growing clinical and cost burden associated with chronic conditions. It provides a disease management platform that offers care teams access to AI insights and digital tools to manage patients with chronic conditions such as COPD and Heart Failure.
Current approaches to diagnosing and managing patients with chronic conditions remain unsatisfactory, dispersed across medical specialties and delivered in multiple healthcare settings. Delays in diagnosis are followed by delayed and incomplete provision of guideline-directed medical therapy resulting in high rates of hospital re-admission, repeat outpatient appointments, avoidable deaths, disability and increased costs.
We believe new care pathways, underpinned by digital services and AI-derived insights, can integrate patient-generated health data, improve care coordination, and enhance data access across care settings and medical specialities. This approach could deliver substantial care quality improvements and service efficiencies to health systems.
We have generated significant evidence to show the effectiveness of our platform in tackling some of the major issues facing health systems including reducing hospital admissions, bringing down waiting times and improving health outcomes for patients.
Lenus Health is seeking a dynamic and experienced Non-Executive Chair of the Board to lead our Board of Directors. As Non-Executive Chair, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the strategic direction, governance, and overall development and growth of Lenus Health in the UK and internationally. This position provides a unique opportunity to lead a talented group of professionals dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes and patient experiences through the development and deployment of new AI enabled digital pathways for chronic conditions.
What you'll do
Governance and Leadership:
- Provide strong, visionary leadership to the Board of Directors, ensuring that strategic objectives and growth targets are met.
- Foster a culture of transparency, accountability, and ethical decision-making among board members.
- Act as a bridge between the board and the senior management team, promoting effective communication and collaboration.
- Work closely with the CEO and senior management team to develop, refine, and implement the strategic plan.
- Be aware of emerging healthcare trends, risks, and opportunities to guide the long-term vision.
- Monitor the performance of senior management and hold them accountable for achieving established objectives and delivering results.
- Ensure that Lenus Health operates efficiently, responsibly, and in compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Identify and assess potential business risks and issues and develop approaches to mitigate them.
- Ensure the risk management policies and procedures are comprehensive and effective.
- Promote ongoing education and development for board members to enhance their governance effectiveness.
- Proven track record of executive leadership and governance experience, preferably in the healthcare sector.
- Experience of entering export markets.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive change and innovation.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration among diverse stakeholders.
- Ethical and principled leadership with a commitment to Lenus Health's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- 2 to 3 days every 2 months.
Board Meeting Format:
- Half day, on site in Edinburgh
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
At Lenus Health, we’re all about creating a friendly and supportive workplace. We want to ensure everyone feels welcome and included, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for roles in our team. We believe in equal opportunities for all, from recruitment through to your career growth and beyond. We aim to nurture an environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is empowered to flourish and do their very best work.
Lenus Health is pleased to be an accredited Living Wage Employer.